Shibumi works on product innovation projects:
- where the product is export-oriented, targeted at the most discerning EU markets
- where there is patent potential.
Opportunity Discovery – Systematic Innovation
- During the discovery phase we have a range of proven tools to draw from, including TRIZ & Design Thinking that help us identify the right problem to solve to then find the best solution for that problem.
- Our preference is to work jointly with our clients, typically in multi-disciplinary idea generation workshops, as our experience has shown that this approach to innovation achieves the best results.
Our experience is that successful product development:
- Delivers against a clearly-specified requirement grounded in high quality market research
- Is informed and protected by patent management
- Complies with relevant and de-facto Standards
- Targets a realistic sector-specific gross margin
- Is performed rapidly, by small motivated teams using agile methods
- Shibumi undertakes and/or directs agile NPD in collaboration with its clients, using the best available design and simulation technology, R&D prototypes and quality test equipment.
- Led by Tony, Shibumi’s engineering focus is delivering remarkable products, while minimising technical and commercial risk.